Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Why Write?

Writing is hard. With finals this week I feel like all I have done is read, read some more, then write, and rewrite, and rewrite again.... It is a very tedious process. Thus far I have written three, five page papers. I still have two, ten pagers and an three page editorial on the new cellphone laws in Utah. All due Thursday.... Admittedly, sometimes I can't help but think about all the other things I could be doing.... So, why write? 



  • Writing is a necessary skill
  • Writing gets us in tune with our emotions
  • Writing makes us ask why things are the way the are
  • Writing brings a sense of accomplishment
  • It is a way to be more organized
  • My beloved Pro's and Con's lists.... that involves writing
  • Writing brings moments of reflection
  • Writing helps form opinions
  • Writing is a learning tool
  • Writing applies knowledge
  • When writing we sort out thoughts, emotions and ideas
  • We are always encountering writing
  • Writing is a form of manipulation (advertising) 
  • Writing expresses
  • Writing is art


That is why. Every word has a purpose.


xoxo,

Ashlie

No comments:

Post a Comment