Friday, June 20, 2014

Recent Reads: The Alchemist

I recently finished a phenomenal book, and whenever I come across things that are simply phenomenal... I must share them! 
You have probably heard of the book The Alchemist

It is definitely a quick read and well worth your time 
It is about a young shepherd Santiago. He keeps having this dream where he is being told to seek treasure at the foot of the Egyptian pyramids. He decides to talk to this gypsy woman hoping she can help him interpret the dream, and tells him he must go to Egypt and when he finds his treasure he must share it with her. The rest of the story is about Santiago searching for his treasure, and the adventures he has along the way.
The book is centered around Personal Legends. Satisfying your own personal legend is the only way to find satisfaction in life, and the universe is on your side. You may have to make sacrifices, and you may be scared to leave something you have for something you want, but it is worth it in the end in order to fulfill your dreams.

I found all these themes very inspirational in my own life. I am definitely a dreamer. I love late nights talking with my hubby about what's out there for us, and who we want to become. 
This book definitely provokes many good thoughts, and many good talks. 
If you are looking for something to read now that you've finished The Fault In Our Stars for the 12th time... This is a goodie :)
Loves,
Ashlie

No comments:

Post a Comment