Monday, August 11, 2014

weekends

I hope you all had a fun weekend!
There aren't very many before school starts up again so we must take advantage of every minute!

Our weekend started with very happy and exciting news

This guy got a promotion
I am seriously so beyond proud of him
he has worked soooo hard this summer
I'm not kidding you when I say he wakes up at 530 to go to the gym
then goes straight to work where he stays until roughly 630 or 7pm
non-stop this guy!



With how hard my man is working you can imagine the guilt I've been feeling
due to the fact my internship ended Thursday...
Don't get me wrong... it's soooo nice  to have a little time to myself, 
but 
 I am really going to kick things into gear this week
to lock something good in for fall semester





But Coop has been getting some seriously needed exercise 

Friday night we escaped to Park City for the weekend
Jack's good friend Sam is back in town 
(his family is from Palo Alto area so he's been there all summer)
They have two places in PC 
so we stayed there and hung out all weekend!







We did the Alpine slide and coaster 
let me tell you the coaster is so much fun! 
I hadn't ever done it before this weekend and it was so much better because you can't fall off!
(i have had bad experiences...)
AND Jack and I got to ride in the same cart!
We went twenty times as fast just saying!


Saturday morning Jack and Sam went fishing 
My parents came up that morning, so they picked me up and we did a little outlet shopping 
until they boys were done 
and went to the Bluegrass festival!
My cute papa was the one who discovered it was going on, and it ended up being such a fun afternoon!
great people watching 

Sadly our wonderful weekend ended with the both of us coming down with something heinous 
sore throats, achy bones, and if I'm being honest...
 I have been kind of a grumpster 
I'm just not a fan of being sick
but we created this delicious ginger, lemon and honey tea 
in our favorite "B" mugs of course
anyone who is feeling slightly under the weather this recipe will calm your spirits.
boil about 2 cups of water, add a few slices of ginger and lemon
then add honey to sweeten!


Love you all!

xoxo,

Ashlie

No comments:

Post a Comment