Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Lately

I know, I know
I have been m.i.a. lately...
I have been working lots, lots, lots

I started at Fox about 2 weeks ago!
I realized I really took having time after class for granted...
I used to finish all my homework so early and now I really have to prioritize my time to get everything done
which is totally fine
I'm just still getting used to it

so I am an associate producer
basically what that means is I write content for the 4 o'clock, 5 o'clock and 9 o'clock news
My top priority is the 9 so most of the segments that aren't done by reporters I have written!
let's be honest, it can be pretty stressful
I really love my school, but it has taught me absolutely nothing to be prepared for this
The first week was extremely emotionally trying on me
I thought I was more prepared than I actually was
so I had zero confidence
My second day I was expected to write like 20 segments.
I worked so hard, googled like a thousand terms I had never heard in my life and when I finished
everything I wrote was torn apart or just completely changed 
so that was hard...
but I was the new girl, being the new girl is hard

It's true when they say
we definitely are our own toughest critics!
so let's all try taking it easy on ourselves this week


I came into work last Wednesday and my boss Marc asked me to step into his office
My heart sunk
I literally thought he was going to fire me
So I walk in and sit down... He shuts the door and says
"so a lot of people have been coming into my office to talk to me about you...."
At this point I'm thinking, oh my gosh... please don't cry... please don't cry!
He continued to say, "and I just wanted to tell you how grateful we are to have you here. Thanks for all your hard work!"
I couldn't even get excited
I literally left his office, went to the bathroom, and got those tears out I had been holding in haha
Like I said these few weeks have been emotionally trying on me
I have never worked so hard in my life
and have never wanted to succeed more in my life

I got to end the week in an exciting way
my friend Lorna and I got to anchor the KUED news
It was so great to be behind the camera and feel the adrenaline rush that gives me
 It seriously helped me to remember what it is I am working towards
So guys, keep your head up! It'll all be worth it in the end :)


Love, Love, Love
Oh and don't forget to go vote!

Xoxo,

Ashlie


No comments:

Post a Comment