Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Word of the Year

I love setting goals!
It's seriously my favorite thing
I don't know about you guys..
but nothing makes me feel better than accomplishing one of my New Years resolutions
Or reflecting on who I was this time last year
and noticing little things I have done to improve.
It gives me some sort of high

Anywho one of my favorite things my family does is come up with a word for the year
One word that you want to sum up your year
last year my word was learn...
which I hope to continue
the year before it was organize...
This year I wanted to do something a little different
after changing my mind like a hundred times
I have settled on one

I have known the entire time what I have wanted the word to mean
but finding the perfect word was kinda hard
basically
I want to feel more genuinely interested in everyone around me
not just my friends of family
but everyone
randos in the elevator.. people I sit by in class.. the girls at the gym
everyone
you know those people, the moment you meet them, you just leave feeling so good about yourself?
I want to be more like them
I want to talk less about myself, and ask more questions
I want to remember people..
their names, their experiences
you know what I mean
so my final decision for the word of 2015 is:

Present


I think by being present in every moment I can improve every aspect of my life
I think I will be a happier person
and hopefully I can make the people around me feel special..

Feel free to join the tradition!
What's your word of the year???

xoxo,

Ashlie

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh I LOVE that!!!! What a great choice. I hope you "thrive" in 2015 as well :)

      Delete
  2. Grandma told me her word was "Organize". She's probably already told you that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know she was doing one, how fun! What a perfect word for Grandma this year :) My momma chose "Enjoy" which I pray she is able to do this year!

      Delete